Join us for the Annual Australian Tea Masters Tea and Culture experience. Hosted by Sharyn Johnston, Tea and Culture Korea and special guest host Babette Donaldson.
The tour will begin in Seoul in 2020, the most exciting month for tea in Korea after the first rain. The tour will commence in April or May 2020. Dates to be confirmed!
The tour will enable anyone interested in the unique teas of Korea and the deep culture of this wonderful land to experience Tea and Culture together which is a very important aspect of tea in Korea.
Sharyn Johnston has visited South Korea many times over the past years and in this time has developed a love and understanding of this country. She has been asked many times to take people on this unique journey as she has experienced, so its now time.
She has developed this tour with the amazing team from Tea and Culture who are some of the most experienced in their field.
You will not only study the teas of Korea, you will process tea, learn about the tea growing areas and many other amazing experiences.
An immersive experience and understanding of Korean tea and tea culture
You will not only study the teas of Korea, you will process tea, learn about the tea growing areas and you also will experience the following:
- Learn about the ritual of incense use with an incense master
- Learn about the tea ceremony and practice in one of the oldest historic tea schools in Korea
- Learn how to make Korean Tea treats
- Understand the wearing of traditional Korean clothes,use of fabrics and Hanbok
- Visit one of the most well known ceramic artists in Korea and learn about the history of Korean ceramics and have the opportunity to make your own ceramic item
- Visit one of the most famous Korean tea fields known to be in the top one hundred beautiful locations in the world.
- Stay in a beautiful temple for a night
- Experience traditional Korean lunches on the tour including the world famous kimchi and understand its importance to Korean life
- Learn Korean flower arrangement and its significance in the tea ceremony
- Visit a famous local Korean Tea farmer in Boseong and his factory and experience picking and processing
- Experience the fresh traditional teas of Korea every day on tour
- Visit the famous Boseong Tea Museum one of the most modern tea museums in the world.
It will be 7 days of a true tea and culture experience.
- 7 days of a true tea and culture experience
- Free nights to enjoy at your leisure so you can eat where you would like
- Excellent translators
- You will travel in an air-conditioned comfortable bus
- Accommodation will be very comfortable
Space is limited to 6 people so place your interest asap!
To register your interest please email us at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Please note that the tour fee does not include the cost of your international airfare or any domestic travel not stated in the itinerary. Passport and visa fees, as well as driver tips, are also not included. Any overweight baggage fees, taxes or charges, and charges due to cancellations or re-ticketing are at your own expense.
We highly recommend you purchase your own travel insurance.
We require a Deposit of USD$500 per person to reserve your space on the tour. We have a limited group size of 6 people.
We will provide you with a refund on the deposit if you cancel prior to 30 days of the tour commencing.
If we, the organiser, need to cancel the tour for any reason, you will receive a refund of the full fee paid. We will not provide refund for any unused portion of the tour.
Australian Tea Masters Associations Pty. Ltd., and any of the companies, farmers, and suppliers associated with this tour accept not liability for illness, injury, damages, expenses or losses incurred in any relation to this tour.